Knowledgebase Artikel: Wie verbinde ich meinen lokalen Server mit der Leitz Cloud?
Wie verbinde ich meinen lokalen Server mit der Leitz Cloud?
8 steps to properly map files to Leitz Cloud
Leitz Cloud allows you to cloud-enable servers and essentially map(sync) any folder on a registered machine to either a Team Share or User Account in the Leitz Cloud. Benefits of this feature include:
- Keep your existing directory structure while maintaining them synced with the cloud
- Users with mapped drives pointing directly to the file server can access the cloud storage when they are not in the office
- No more need for VPN or FTP to access the files
- File-level backup of your file server
- Once a folder is mapped, none of it's children can be mapped (map children first for nested relationships)
- One folder cannot be mapped to two User Accounts or Team Shares on one machine
- Two folders cannot be mapped to the same User Account or Team Share on one machine
- Mapped source folders including of its subfolders and files require the "SYSTEM" user name to have the following NTFS permissions in order to sync: "Read & execute, List folder contents, and Read or Full control" (screenshot included at bottom of this article).
Let's make the local server ready!
Let's start mapping!
5) A 'Map folders' button will appear in its place. Click the 'Map folders' button to continue:
6) You will be taken to a page that shows your machine's folders on the left (click the machine to expand):
7) Selecting a folder on the left will bring up a box on the right which will allow you to map that folder to an existing User or Team Share.
8) Once you submit this form, all mapped folders will begin syncing down any files already in the cloud for that User or Team Share. Any files already in the folder on the local server will be synced up to the cloud for that particular User or Team Share.
The folder on the local server will show if the folder is Synced